Graduates in Translation have the qualifications to work in the different areas of inter-linguistic and intercultural mediation. The strong practical component of the degree and the training in Portuguese and two foreign languages enables future graduates to work in areas as diverse as translation (general, literary, technical & scientific, audio-visual and localization), revision, language teaching, consulting, linguistic and cultural mediation and research.
In summary, the graduates in Translation may intervene in the following areas:
• Translation (public or private companies, European, national and international bodies, courts);
• Consulting (public administration, companies, diplomatic institutions);
• Publishing – Translation and Revision (publishers, national and international publishing companies);
• International Relations (NGOs, solidarity and international cooperation institutions);
• New technologies (translation and localization, databases, translation support tools , glossaries and terminology databases);
• Teaching (language schools, public or private enterprises);
• Research (further specialization of future graduates – specialization courses and Master's in Translation, Conference Interpreting Courses and related areas).