The Degree in Portuguese Studies enables to work in different areas:
• the advanced criticism of Portuguese cultural products and of any type of text written in Portuguese,
• the production of cultural content in Portuguese,
• techniques of conservation of the written and artistic heritage (edition and action in libraries),
• the metallinguistic analysis of Portuguese,
• actions in multicultural contexts of Portuguese dominance,
• tasks of preservation and dissemination of the Portuguese language, literature, culture and art, in Portugal and abroad,
• to teach literatures and cultures of Portuguese-speaking countries to native and non-native speakers.
It also allows: research, editing of texts, teaching and dissemination of Portuguese language and culture in foreign institutions, specialized work in Publishers, Libraries and Archives, cultural programming, social media (radio and television), cultural and critical journalism, cultural tourism.